Based in Portland, Oregon
Inspired by sci-fi works such as Battlestar Galactica, The Lost Fleet series, and games like FTL, our strategy game will test your skills as a leader in times of great need. /// You are the captain of the last remaining battleship in the fleet. A relentless, overwhelming enemy has emerged to abduct your people. There’s no time to colonize planets, negotiate with alien races, or build an empire. You’re outnumbered, out-gunned, and low on resources. Knowing when it’s time to fight or flee will be the key to saving the human race. /// Commanding your fleet and managing resources is only part of your job. You’ll also need to lead a myriad of personalities as you amass and protect a flock of civilian ships. Who you choose to bring into your fleet will alter the options available to you. Your leadership will either inspire loyalty and sacrifice, or drive your people to treachery and sabotage…
On April 20, 2015 XO was announced on Square Enix Collective - a platform where players can help shape game development and champion ideas by voting and leaving feedback. The project was met with positive reviews, and after a detailed assessment of the team and XO, Square Enix approved the project for support through the Collective. XO launched on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight on July 20th, 2015. XO met its Kickstarter goal in just 12 days. 2,219 backers pledged $55,314 to help bring this project to life.
- XO is a single player game in development for PC, Mac, and Linux
- The game unfolds in real-time but gives you the ability to pause the action and issue commands
- XO focuses on tactics, operations and big decisions over micro-management
- Newtonian physics govern starship movement in a 2D plane
- We believe in Permadeath
XO - Escape to Rigel Alpha IV Trailer [Official] YouTube
There are currently no screenshots available for XO. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for XO. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Seattle Indie Game Competition FINALIST" Power of Play 2016
- "Approved by Square Enix Collective" July 2015
- "People’s Choice Award nominee" iFEST 2015
- "...what promises to make it really interesting are the non-combat decisions: deciding where to go next and how long to stay, dealing with the many different kinds of events, and figuring out who can be safely trusted or ignored in the game's 'complex political system.'"
- Andy Chalk, PC Gamer
- "I really like the sound of XO, it looks to have captured the drama of Battlestar to drive you through the game, but it's also built on top of a fleet command RTS, which is right up my alley."
- Julian Benson, Kotaku
- "The story of how XO got to this point is a study — not just in crowdfunding, but in crowdsourced ideas about what a game should be."
- April Baer, Oregon Public Broadcasting
- "XO Mixes Battlestar Galactica With Retro Visuals And Tactical Gameplay"
- Stew Shearer, The Escapist
- "XO Jumps into the Square Enix Collective"
- Jesse Tannous, Indie Game Magazine
- "XO is sure to bring out the starship fleet commander in you"
- Toby Palm, Square Enix
- "Interview with ‘XO’ Game Designer Brian Jamison"
- Brandt Ranj, ReadRETRO
XO on Kickstarter
Crowdfunding our first indie game kickstarter.com.
XO on Steam Greenlight
A platform where players help pick new games for Steam steamcommunity.com.
Monthly updates from Jumpdrive Studios xo.jmpdrv.com.
XO on Square Enix Collective
Gathering early feedback from the community collective.square-enix.com.
About Jumpdrive Studios
Jumpdrive Studios is a small, dedicated team of game developers from various backgrounds. We focus on creating the games that WE want to play, and believe that several others might enjoy them as well. We're currently working full-time on our first project, XO - a sci-fi game where you command a ragtag fleet of starships against an unbeatable enemy.
More information on Jumpdrive Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
User Interface Director